Please select an option
We have listened to our customers and have used their views to define the Customer Care commitments set out in this policy. We have defined standards of customer service based on these commitments and we are using them to train our staff. We are realistic about what we can do and cannot do but we are determined to make a difference for every one of our customers.
We will make sure that we understand our customers’ requirements and we will develop services to satisfy and, wherever possible, exceed their needs and expectations.
- Listen to our customers.
- Read customer orders and specifications and clarify anything we are unsure about.
- Go out of our way to explain how we do things and detail those features, benefits and advantages of our products and services that customers may not be aware of.
- Regularly seek our customer’s opinions about our products and services.
- Ensure that customer’s opinions are used to improve the future services we deliver.
- Be honest about what we can do and what we cannot do.
We recognize that we rely on our staff to deliver the best possible Customer Care.
- Ensure that our staff are trained and fully competent to deliver our services.
- Ensure that our staff treat every customer as they would wish to be treated themselves - with respect, courtesy and understanding.
- Ensure that our staff take personal responsibility for ensuring a quality outcome for each customer enquiry, order or project.
- Train every member of staff in Customer Care.
We will provide a variety of ways for customers to contact us and seek help and service. Telephone, fax, email and website are available 24/7 and personal contact at our Sales Counter is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays (4 p.m. on Friday).
- Make information about James Troop and its services easily available.
- Publish our opening hours and describe how to contact us.
- Provide a welcoming, friendly environment, easily accessible to all.
We want to make every contact a positive experience for our customers.
- Answer all telephone calls promptly; if your desired contact is unavailable, we will offer an alternative contact or an answer-phone service with clear messages
- Give a contact name and details.
- Listen carefully to what our customers say.
- Be polite and honest.
- Aim to reply to letters and emails on the same business day; where a substantive response is likely to take longer, we will send an acknowledgement and inform you when a full reply can be expected.
- Write letters, emails and publications that are easy to read and understand.
- Notify customers of any delay in responding or delivering goods or services.
- Point people in the right direction if we cannot help them.
We want to make sure that our commitment to Customer Care is making a difference and we will therefore assess our success by measuring what our customers value.
- Seek regular feedback on Customer Satisfaction.
- Provide information on how customers can complain, provide compliments and give us feedback.
- Acknowledge promptly any complaint and investigate each one thoroughly, and as quickly as possible to determine what went wrong.
- Tell you what we are going to do to put things right - and when it will be done.
- Set specific Customer Care standards and publish the results.
We measure how we are performing through regular Customer Satisfaction surveys; we carry out separate surveys for Parts Sales and Engineering Services and we also carry out short formal surveys on completion of specific engineering contracts. In 2019 we introduced a new way to survey our customers. Customers are contacted directly by phone and asked two simple questions on service satisfaction. Results from our first survey were very good. An overall good response. The results are recorded and monitored.
A high level of Customer Care is important to everyone in James Troop & Company Ltd.
If you want to comment on our approach to Customer Care, please send your views to:-
Sean Dignam, Business Development Executive, at 4 Davy Road, Astmoor Industrial Estate, Runcorn Cheshire WA7 1PZ, Tel:- 01928-566170. You can also fax your comments to 019028-577314 or email them to email@example.com.
Document 207 Issue C Next Review March 2021